International Boundary and Water Commission’s Southeastern Arizona Advisory Council, Member
- This local advisory board the represents Pima, Cochise and Santa Cruz Counties.
Arizona Border Counties Coalition, Official Representative of Santa Cruz County
- Founding member of a coalition of County Supervisors from Pima, Yuma, Cochise and Santa Cruz Counties.
The role of this coalition is to help move local, state, and federal legislation and regulation forward that help advocate and/or accelerate economic development opportunities in southern Arizona with a specific focus on policies and issues that affect the quality of life and economy along the border.
Downtown Merchants Association, Past President
- An association of all the merchants on Morley Avenue in Nogales, AZ.
- Communicated with Customs and Border Protection to increase staffing and open more lanes at the Morley Avenue Pedestrian Port of Entry.
- Acted as liaison between Merchants and the City of Nogales, including working with Administration, Police, Fire, and Public Works Departments.
Greater Santa Cruz County Port Authority, Past Chairman and continuing Board Member
During his years of service on the board, he has worked on a number of initiatives that will have long-lasting impacts on the County, including, but not limited to:
- Construction of 6 Cold Rooms at Mariposa Port of Entry: $1.2 million investment that will help diversify the mix of commodities that can be processed at the port of entry and offering year round service by offering a continuous cold chain for temperature sensitive commodities.
- SR189/Mariposa Road: Mechanism to create a community consensus on the scope of the project and helping to create the funding structure for the $134 million dollars of improvements to SR189/Mariposa Road.
- Mariposa Port of Entry: Advocated for and helped secure the necessary funding to study, plan and construct the $215 million modernization of the Mariposa Port of Entry.
- Supervisor Bracker has testified on multiple instances on behalf of the Port Authority and the County before such bodies and institutions as the Arizona Joint Legislative Committee on Border; Arizona House of Representatives Committee on Border Security; the Arizona Transportation Board to push for consideration of multiple transportation projects throughout Santa Cruz County.
Theodore Gebler Trust / Associated Charities, President
- Manage a private charity established in 1926 that funds local Education, College Scholarships, the Santa Cruz County Domestic Violence Shelter, and other small community charities.
EPA Local Government Advisory Committee, Member through December 2020
- EPA’s Local Government Advisory Committee for Region 9 that covers a great portion of the western parts of the United States, including all of Arizona. Bruce was one of 31 members appointed nationally on this advisory board.
Nogales Community Development Corporation, Founding Member and President (‘07-‘11) www.nogalescdc.org.
- A non-profit 501c3 organization operating and managing the Nogales Main Street Program and the Arizona Rural Economic Development Initiative dedicated to the revitalization of downtown Nogales, Arizona, Small Business Development, Asset Development, and Affordable Housing opportunities. NCDC assumes a leadership role in the community by bringing community-based organizations together to best serve the interests of our Citizens.
- Developed a small business loan program that has loaned over $500,000 to Santa Cruz county businesses.
- Managed the Frontera Nogales VITA (volunteer income tax assistance) Program in Santa Cruz County. Over the last three years, NCD helped 1,776 families receive over $4,200,000 in tax refunds and credits.
- Awarded one of eight $2 million grants in the US from the US Department of Housing to redevelop a downtown facility into a multi-use training and resource center; to address asset development gaps related to education, public health, asset development, and business services; as well as, to create a continuum of services referral system across multiple industry sectors.
- Recognized by the State of Arizona as a Charitable Tax Credit Organization.
- Participated in several regional, local and organizational strategic and development planning sessions throughout Santa Cruz County.
Ambos Nogales Partnership Plan, Community Leader
- Participated in the planning process coordinating the strategic plans of 5 non-profit economic development groups located in Nogales, Santa Cruz County and Nogales Sonora. The result was a strategy that identified and coordinated cross-border collaboration for economic development.
Nogales Lions Club Member, Past President
Nogales Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Citizens Academy, Graduate
- Established in 2008 to improve the community’s knowledge of Port operations and the responsibility of CBP officers.
Santa Cruz County Workforce Investment Board, Board Member
Nogales-Santa Cruz County Chamber of Commerce, Board Member through a seat designated to the Downtown Merchants Association