Things that we have accomplished:
- Replacement of playground equipment in all the county parks.
- Improved playing surfaces in county baseball and softball fields.
- Built a multipurpose path from Palo Parado Road south to Poco Court, will be extended to Rio Rico Drive by Years End.
- Added water storage capacity in the County Sonoita Public Works Facility and gave the Sonoita-Elgin fire district 24 hour access to the facility.
- Built a new pickle ball court at the Tubac Community Center.
- Advocated for full Highway User Revenue Funds (HURF) funding from the state so that the county would be able to maintain and upgrade roads.
- In the past 3 years, Santa Cruz County has been able to resurface 98 miles of roads in neighborhoods and collector roads throughout the county largely because of increased HURF funding.
- Installed the wayfinding signage in the Sonoita Elgin area for the local wineries.
- Co-Founded the Arizona Border Counties Coalition with Yuma, Pima and Cochise Counties.
- $134 million project to modernize SR-189, better known as Mariposa Road, a project that will break ground in April 2020.
- Advocating for the repairing the Nogales Wash-International Outfall Interceptor (IOI).
- Supported efforts by the Fresh Produce Association of the Americas and the produce industry in general in the fight to maintain the US-Mexico Tomato Suspension Agreement.
- Advocating for the modernization of the DeConcini Port of Entry.
- Advocated for Santa Cruz County’s contribution to the construction of the cold storage units at the Mariposa port of entry; a project that Governor Doug Ducey then included in his budget for $700,000 to pay for the construction phase of the project.
- Advocated for the grant from the North American Development Bank for the Nogales Watershed Study, one hundred and eighty thousand dollars. This study helped determine the amount of floodwater hitting downtown Nogales, AZ.
- Advocated for Customs staffing at the Nogales Ports of Entry. Currently, the Nogales Ports of Entry have their highest staffing levels in the past 10 years.
Things we are working on:
Pocket parks and neighborhood parks
Improvements to Rio Rico Drive and Ruby Road highway interchanges
Grade separated rail and Nogales Wash crossing at Ruby Road
Broadband infrastructure throughout Santa Cruz County